Board of Directors
- Sue Altman, M.S. Ed.
- Edward M. Ballen, LCSW, Executive Director
- Annette Nash Govan, MBA, Interim Treasurer
- Ellen Lasch, MBA
- Peter Schaffer
- Judith Schmidt, Ph.D.
- Mark Schulman, AIA, LEED AP
- Jack Zitomer
- Geoffrey Mutabazi, President
- Antoine Tuyisenge, Treasurer
- Michele Israel, Operations Manager
- Elisaphane Bikorimana, Literacy Specialist
- Brigitte Mukanywandwi, Community Mobilizer
- Paulin Mutatsineza, Country Director
- Eugene Nteziyaremye, Senior Literacy Specialist
- Joseph Semafara, Technology Consultant
- Josh Ballen, MBA, Financial Consultant
- Rachel Ballen, BSN, Health Consultant
- Ann Ewing Burns, M.El.Ed., Head of Lower School, The Hackley School
- Stan Chu, MS.Ed., Bank Street College Graduate School of Education
- Tristen Edwards, Peace Family
- Scott Hewitt, Ed.D, Rollins College
- Michael Ioli, M.S.. Ed., KIPP School
- Yigal Joseph, Ed.D., Leadership Consultant
- Tovah Klein, Ph.D., Director, Barnard College Center for Toddler Development
- Jennie Lyons, MBA, Technology Consultant
- Michael Marlowe, MA, Leadership Development
- Casey Maxwell, M.Ed., Early Childhood Education Consultant
- Neesha N. Rahim, MSW, Executive Director, Level-Up Village
- Alain Rwabukamba, M. Eng., Technology Consultant
- Muhoza Rwabukamba, Cultural Consultant to Rwanda
- Sindy Solomon, MD, Healthcare Consultant
- Robert Whittaker, Esq.
- Heide Wrigley, Ph.D., Executive Director, Literacywork International
Country director Jean Paulin Mutatsineza expertly oversees REAP’s operations in Rwanda. He bolstered his leadership skills through President Obama’s Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders; and with professional guidance from REAP’s executive director and board of directors.
Read about Paulin’s experience as a YALI Fellow.
Jean Paulin Mutatsineza has two years' experience in educational NGO management, and is both a project manager and board member of Rwanda Education Assistance Program, an NGO that is dedicated to enhancing educational and vocational opportunities for vulnerable youth in rural public schools in Rwanda.